2013年11月11日星期一

christian louboutin pas cher france temperatures.Did we think

Childhood summer memories It's funny how memories are conjured up at the most unusual time in my day, often when i least expect them.I was driving over a bridge in dallas and almost without warning i had a yearning for a '99'.I wonder if anyone reading this can remember these? A '99' was the name given to an ice cream cone made from freshly whipped soft serve vanilla ice cream, with a cadbury's chocolate flake.The mere task of driving over a bridge had cast my mind back to a bridge in cork.I say a bridge but really it was more of a bump or hill in the road.It is known as minane bridge and it was the source of delight for my siblings and i as children. During the summer evenings, upon returning home from work, my father often piled us into the back of his car and drove us to a little beach or cove called 'rocky bay' The drive was maybe at best thirty minutes from our house.Dad drove us through the town of carrigaline and we knew, once we had driven through this town that minane bridge was not far away.We were always excited about this prospect.We began to anticipate what lay chaussures christian louboutin ahead.You see, the bridge as i mentioned earlier is more of a hill or bump.My father would graciously wait for oncoming cars, allowing them to cross before him. (Only one could pass at a time! )Sometimes he had to wait for quite a few just to please his crew in the back seat! Then, when it was time he would put his foot on the accelerator and speed up going across the bridge, in order to fly across so that we could experience the thrill of the sensation of our tummies rising and falling. Ah, such a thrill for us.We loved this.As we approached the beach, each and every time i craned my neck waiting for the view of the sea to make it's first appearance.To this day, i still love the sight of the sea coming into view as we turn the corner. Once situated on the beach, we ran to the edge of the sea as though our lives depended upon it, but when we reached the shoreline we would stop abruptly as our feet had felt the frigid christian louboutin pas cher france temperatures.Did we think it was going to change suddenly?That one evening, suddenly the water would be warm?Perhaps we did or perhaps and more probably we didn't care! We did eventually go in.It always took me an inordinate amount of time to get down.After our swim we had to change out of our swimming 'togs' as they were called and into our clothes.Now, what an ordeal that was!Even the infamous mr bean(Rowan atkinson)Had trouble undressing at the beach.Do you remember that scene?If not, watch and enjoy this memory here!I can distinctly remember clenching the towel between my teeth and using my free hands to peel the 'togs' from my body.I was always terrified that the towel would drop before i had finished the task of dressing and quite often, it did! We were calmer on the drive home.We had worn ourselves out from swimming and rock climbing.Everywhere the hedgerows were overgrown with fuchsias and as we drove by they hung their vibrant red and purple heads low as if nodding to us.We still looked forward to that return trip over minane bridge, although a little quieter, but the squeals of delight were yet to come. We would stop at barry Click to enter collin's supermarket in carrigaline for our '99' The ice cream was made from fresh irish milk and whipped softly in a machine.I watched as they held the cone beneath the nozzle and swirled it around and around.A chocolate flake was deftly stuck into the ice cream and i began to lick for fear of losing any.I had my own ritual.People have their own rituals when it comes to eating their orio cookies, some like to bite, others like to pull them apart.I liked to lick my ice cream first.Then, as it gradually disappeared i would push the flake down into the cavity of the wafer cone.I would then eat both at the same time.My sister, on the other hand, ate the chocolate first and sometimes used it as a spoon to scoop her ice cream. A simple drive over a bridge catapulted me back to 1982.It conjured up memories and feelings and aroused the senses yet again.The salty smell of the sea air, the feeling of sand between my toes, discovering pieces of seaweed later on when showering and the memories of minane bridge.The evening topped off and completed by a simple ice cream cone. Combine bread crumbs and brown sugar together.Sprinkle on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until sugar has caramelized.Take care not to burn.

没有评论:

发表评论